Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Thank You

I love the days I get to play with Christine!  It's a great sharing time.  This time I learned another way to make ribbon roses (I'll show them off on a card soon), how to emboss a "hole" so that you end up with an embossed frame around an image and we looked at some great sites.  As for getting much done ... well, this card looks simple, but I made heavy work of it!

I used the Sweet Stitches paper and fabric from Stampin' Up.  I chose a corner of the dp, matched the 'stitches' with So Saffron c/s and added a layered label with a sentiment from the "You're a Gem" set.  I made the fabric by taking a 2.5 x 6" piece of fabric, teasing the edges to fray them, folding it in half lengthwise, basting, and pulling the basting tight.  I popped a fabric-covered brad in the middle.  Cute, no?

1 comment:

Christine K said...

Hey Judith!
I love when you come over and play, too!
I always have fun and learn something new, too.
I know they aren't always 'productive' days in that we get a lot done (at least there's this cute card), but it's so nice to visit and get ideas.
LOVE this cute little flower from SU's new fabric and I expect to see a sewing machine cover from you soon!