Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another cool tip

The internet if full of brilliant people.  I should pay more attention to the "who" and the "where", but I get all caught up in the "how stinkin' clever is that?".  Here's one of those:


Sorry for the crooked image!

Here's the cool thing!  The "lace" is made from the Medallion background stamp.  I kid you not.
Stamp the medallion.  I used Crumbcake and rolled the edges in Soft Suede.  Stamp on white.  Fussy cut the edges, and cut out a wedge (mine was about a 1/6 of the circle) and the centre.  Now, get nasty with it.  distress it, crumple it, run it through your crimper lots -- you want to break the fibres down.  When it's good and pliable, run a strip of This to That tape on the card, and pleat the lace strip as you go along the tape.  Don't press down because you will need to spread the pleats out along the tape. When you're happy, burnish it with your finger.

I used the Vintage Spring paper from SU and the bench stamp from Have a Seat.  The Hello is from Scenic Route.  It needed something, so I added a line of Silver Glass glitter from Stampin Up.

No comments: