Saturday, March 12, 2011

Red and Black Collage


Sometimes, you just don't know how something will turn out.  I had a card base, I had a rub on.  I put the two together, and thought, "Well, now what?"

I had made the little flower when at my play date with Christine.  (Sorry, I saw a YouTube tutorial about it, but I don't know whose).  I took a 6" piece of Stampin' Up's Riding Hood Red grosgrain ribbon, folded it in half, and basted along the selvedge edges.  I pulled the basting up tight, tied it, and then cut into the ribbon about 1/4" - 3/8" inches.  Pull at the cut edges to get the feathery threads to stick out, add a brad, and -- ta da!  Another version of a ribbon flower.

Anyway, the flower was on my desk, staring at me.  I had made a rosette for this card, but wasn't feeling it.  I tried the flower, and that was that!  There was a scrap of red organza in my ribbon basket, and an even smaller scrap of this sticky-backed black check ribbon from Offray.  Done and done!  The Quietfire Designs diamond border in Onyx and Riding Hood Red stamped dictionary birds from Stampington finished it.

No comments: