Monday, July 16, 2012

At school, the Child and Youth Worker asked me to come up with a Mother's Day card that the kids could make to give to their mums.  it was so popular, we did the same for Father's Day.  I kept the cards very simple -- minimal stamping, some punching, some gluing.  I was able to work through my stash of old dsp, and i think the kids really enjoyed giving something hand-made to their parents.

Here are the cards:


the Mother's Day card is on the left.  On white cardstock, the students layered dsp and embossed, punched white cardstock.  I created the salutation in Word, the had them cut the label out.  It's popped up.  Inside, they stamped "love" in big letters.

The Father's Day card used some of the dsp that I had cut for Mother's Day, plus some of the more masculine papers from my stash.   The postage stamp images involved six different ink colours.  I was worried about contamination, so I stamped the images first, and the kids punched and glued.  Inside, there is a tag with Happy Father's Day,and a bit of linen string.

The cards were quick to put together assembly-line fashion, and inexpensive for me.

No comments: