Wednesday, July 15, 2015

It feels good to be back

Well, it's been a while since I've posted.  I even wondered if I would again.  My mother died two years ago, and it seemed that it wasn't my mojo that left me - it was the feeling that I was making worthwhile use of my time.  Making greeting cards seemed so pointless.  And all my crafty "stuff" would end up at the curb in green garbage bags when I die, just as my mother's treasures did.  So I didn't do anything.  And I avoided my craft room.  It got taken over by the papers of my parents' estate.

But everything has cleared.  Accounts are paid out, property dispersed or donated, and Mum and Dad's papers have been reduced to a file folder and a box of old tax returns.  And my craft room looks like a craft room again.  Still messy, but this time with paper and glitter and ink.

What helped was getting together with some work chums to make cards.  I designed 4 cards to make, and a group of 5 or 6 women would stay after school and make the cards.  Having the commitment of 4 cards made me design and play.  Won't lie - the first few cards were totally CASEd from Pinterest. I didn't have an original thought in my head.  But, then, inspiration started returning.

I have a bunch of cards to show you, but I'll start off slow with these 3.

I used a Heidi Swapp stencil on all three.  I sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist, over stamped, used other stencils, and paper pieced.  They lay unfinished on my desk for a long time, which means that I have probably overworked them, as every time I saw them, I did something else to them.  Poor things!




1 comment:

Jamilla Ivits said...

You are truly a mixed media Queen! Love the top card!!! Teach me next time we get a chance to 'play and stamp'!