Thursday, May 12, 2011

Play Time with Christine!

Whenever I go to Christine's, it's just plain fun.  Well, how could it not be?  We have stacks of paper, pads of ink in every colour (but pink -- right, Christine?) stamp sets galore....and we go to it!

This time I wanted to try a brayer technique.  I guess my ink pads need re-juicing because I got a very sketchy result that perfectly framed the tree.  If I had wanted to get this effect, I couldn't have planned for it!  Our spring has been very slow in coming, and I think the grey sky perfectly mirrors the weather outside.

I put painter's tape in a rectangle on the white cardstock, and rolled Going Grey and Bordering Blue over the card.  After I removed the tape, I stamped the tree.  I should have used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the bird, but didn't.  The sentiment is a rub-on.  I matted the white with Baja Breeze, and mounted it on a Not Quite navy card base.  All supplies are SU.

I also created this:

I love this stamp!  After stamping with Pear Pizzazz ink on Very Vanilla, I stamped again on DSP.  I paper-pierced the pattern pieces, matted with a scrap of Pear Pizzazz and mounted it on a Very Vanilla card base.  The sentiment is a rub-on.  I don't normally do clean and simple cards, but I love the look of this card.

1 comment:

Christine K said...

Um, we need to set another date to play!
I really like how these cards got 'finished' and I do like the clean and simple layout! Nice job!